Reduce Your Sound Of A Hiccups With Home Remedies
Another name for Hiccupis synchronous diaphragmatic flutter or singultus and it is an uncontainable contraction of the diaphragm that repeated several times per a minute. This is a reflex action that means which we do not have any control over them. It is a sudden, involuntary squeezing of the diaphragm, the main breathing muscle below the lungs that results in a sucking the air very quickly into the lungs thereby snapping and shutting the glottis above the larynx. This snapping makes the sound of a hiccups where it will usually stop on their own and continuouslyit’s lasting for a day or more than a day that may indicate a cause of an underlying disease that needs the medical intervention. One can experience a minor tightening sensation in the throat or chest or abdomen.
Hence, it occurs due to drinking the carbonated beverages or unnecessary alcoholic beverages, eating too quickly, overeating eating, very spicy foods, smoking, some kind of excitement or emotional stress,sudden change in the room temperature and swallowing air while eating or chewing something. In some times the nerve damage or irritation, central nervous system disorders, respiratory conditionsdue to a tumor or infection, metabolic disorders or certain medications or gastrointestinal conditions. Therefore, hiccups will go away without any treatment, but for those people who want to use home remedies for them it can help to stop.
- Any kind of shock will cause the diversion to stop hiccups.
- Drink a glass of cold water with honey and rinse with cold water for 1 minute
- Another option is to suck on a small piece of ice for a few seconds.
Drink Upside Down:
- Cold water is more effective for this where drinking the water upside down
- Take one glass of cold water, bend down at the waist, put your head down and drink the water from opposite side of the glass normally.
- Repeat this process if it required
Hold Your Breath:
- Holding a breath is one main remedy which comes from ancient days where that confuses the mind and stop the hiccups.
- Take a deep breath, hold it without letting any air out as possible, exhale gently in a controlled manner as well as inhale and hold your breath again.
- Sugar is play an important role for hiccups especially for small children i.e., by swallowing a sugar it stimulates the vagus nerve and makes the body forget and it reduces to stop hiccups.
- Eat sugar and do not allow it to dissolve very slowly in to your mouth without chewing it and take a sip of water.
- Vinegar is sour taste that helps to distract the mind, in addition, malt vinegar or apple cider vinegar or white vinegar that will do a trick to stop.
- Take mouthful by a glass of water or mix 1 teaspoon of vinegar with a little water and swallow it very slowly.
- Peanut butter is sticky, gooey regularity that interrupts the breathing pattern when you try to swallow it
- Take 1 teaspoon of peanut butter in your mouth and hold it for a few seconds, then swallow it without chewing.
- Drink glass of water if it is required.