Amazing Health Benefits of Watermelon
Watermelon is a seasonal fruit which can be enjoyed in summer season. It consists 93% water and loads of vitamins.It also has an amazing qualities which can do wonders on the skin.Each juicy bite has a significant levels such as vitamins A, B6 and C that has lots of lycopene, amino acids and antioxidants. In addition, it have modest amount of potassium and it is a fat-free which have very low in sodium and has only 40 calories per cup. Many scientists have taken a notice of watermelon’s high lycopene levels i.e., about 15 to 20 milligrams per 2-cups, according to the National Watermelon Promotion Board, the highest levels of any type of fresh produce. Lycopene is a phytonutrient that is a naturally occurring compound in fruits and vegetables that reacts with human body to trigger the healthy reactions. It is also a red pigment which gives the watermelons, red grapefruits tomatoes and guavas their color.
Lycopene is linked with the bone health, heart health, powerful antioxidant prostate and cancer prevention thought it have the anti-inflammatory properties, according to the Victoria Jarzabkowski, a nutritionist with the Fitness Institute of Texas at The University of Texas at Austin.Many people suggested that increasing the consumption of plant foods like a watermelon it decreases the risk of obesity and overall the mortality, diabetes, heart disease and it also promotes a healthy complexion and hair, increases energy, lower weight. In summer, you can also prepare your skin to fight sun tan and sweat. By drinking the watermelon juice, it not only keeps you hydrated but also it helps you to get a radiant skin. This is one of the best fruit among all that offers the both skin and beauty benefits. You can either apply on your face or have the juicy fruit in your diet which is stay healthy and look beautiful.
Some of the Skin Benefits of Watermelon:
Watermelon have very high water content hydrates to your body by resulting in the radiant skin which have rich in vitamin A, C and antioxidants. Here are the some benefits of watermelon. Let’s us check.
The signs of ageing like fine lines, wrinkles and age spots this have a rich source of antioxidants such as lycopene, Vitamin C and A where it reduce the free radicals in the body. It can be applied on the skin topically and consumed too for getting the best results.
This fruit is a natural astringent that enhances the appearance of our skin by acting as a natural toner and massage your skin with a fresh small slice or blend it with honey. If you have oily skin add hazelnut powder.
Moisturizes and hydrates skin:Dehydration can makes skin dry and dull and for dry skin, you can apply watermelon with honey.
- It plays a vital role for acne scars where your skin is prone to acne or pimples, simply massage your skin with this watermelon juice every day.
- Cleanse your face systematically, dip a cotton ball in juice, apply it, leave for 15 minutes and rinse off with cold water.
- Removes excess oil from the skin:It has vitamin A which brings energy to the health and strength to skin. It reduces the size of the skin holes and minimizes the oil concealed by the sebaceous glands.
Treatment of sunburns:
Prepare a face pack by mixing equal proportions of juice and cucumber pulp, apply the pack to your face evenly, and leave it 20 minutes that also helps to lighten your complexion.
Use Watermelon Seeds for Skin:
- Watermelon seeds are good for the skin & health that also get glow and healthy skin.
- It prevents the acne and a number of other skin disorders.
- Watermelon seed oil helps to reduce the pimples and acne
- Use it for skin–oily, dry, maturing skin or prone to acnes
- Skin cancers and skin infections also be avoided