Home Remedies for Birth Control
Pregnancy is no doubt beautiful phase, but unwanted pregnancy may not bring happiness instead becomes a matter of unnecessary anxiety. Birth control pills have its side effects and so you cannot depend on them. Condoms may slip or break. This is why it is suggested to use natural home remedies for birth control. In this article, we have compiled home remedies for birth control that do not have any side effects, and as almost all ingredient is readily available at home; you do not need to rush to the medical shop.
Home Remedies for Birth Control
1.Parsley for Birth control – Parsley is a natural contraceptive and helps to avoid unwanted pregnancy. You can consume it as tea. Steep parsley leaves in a cup of steaming water for 15 minutes. Strain and drink the concoction. Parsley controls the fertilization. It has the ability to stimulate menstruation. It is a mild herb and very effective.
2.Indian Lilac for Birth Control- Indian lilac is also known as Neem or Margosa. It is one of the common natural home remedies for birth control. It cut downs the mobility of sperm and does not allows the fertilization. You can use neem oil for this purpose. To prevent pregnancy use water-based neem oil lubricant with 10 percent neem oil. Apply it to the inner walls of the vagina before the intercourse and soon after the sex. It will also act as a lubricant.
*Consuming neem oil is not at all recommended.
*It is advised to conduct an allergy patch test before using neem oil to rule out sensitivity with neem oil.
3. Pennyroyal for Birth Control – It is one of the oldest home remedy to prevent pregnancy. It triggers periods and prevents pregnancy due to unprotected sex. To consume pennyroyal makes its tea. Boil 8 ounces of water. Add a teaspoon dry pennyroyal herb and let it steep for 10-15 minutes. Strain, add teaspoon honey and drink the concoction. You may take this in combination with other herbs for birth control.
*It is essential to note that if pennyroyal is taken in high amounts, it may lead to serious health issues including
damage to kidney and liver. Avoid itif menstrual time is 10 days for more late.
4. Aforesaid Birth Control- Asafoetida is spice used in Indian foods and is well known for its abortive qualities. Regular use of asafoetida prevents conception. It is drunk along with lukewarm water regularly every month to avoid unwanted birth control. The best part is it does not have any side effects even if taken for the long term. You can take it along with other contraceptive home remedies.
5. Cinnamon for Birth Control- Regular intake of cinnamon prevents fertilization and prevents implantation after unprotected intercourse. However, its effect is gradual. Consume it as infusion regularly to reap its birth control property.
6. Papaya for Birth Control- Papaya is rich in contraceptive and abortive properties and is used afterun safe sex. To prevent unwanted pregnancy eat papaya regularly along with its seeds. Unripe papaya is preferred. Papaya seeds kill sperms.
7. Figs for Birth Control- Another natural herb to prevent pregnancy is fig. Eat at least three dried fig pieces to prevent implantation. Do not increase quantity or it may upset stomach.
8. Buckwheat for Birth Control – Regular consumption of buckwheat acts like a natural birth control. Make sure to consume 500 grams of buckwheat before and after having an intercourse to prevent pregnancy. Buckwheat is rich in Rutin that prevents implantation. It has no side effects.
9. Black Cohosh for Birth Control – It acts just like penny royal and effectively prevents pregnancy. It stimulates the release of hormone oxytocin that results in uterine contractions. It is a safe option. Drink its tea to avoid unwanted pregnancy.
Please note if you have missed your periods first have a pregnancy test. Pregnant women should not take natural remedies for birth control, as it may have serious side effects. If you are not pregnant, you may take mild herbs to bring periods.
* We also recommend you to try herbs as birth control only after consulting your doctor. In case of any health issue after intake of any herb immediately stop it and see a doctor.