Thyroid Disease Raises the Threat of Pregnancy Complications
Thyroid disease is a condition that affects the thyroid gland. Occasionally the human body creates excessively or insufficient thyroid hormone. Thyroid hormones control metabolism the way the body functions strength and affect almost every organ in the human body. Excessive thyroid hormone is known as hyperthyroidism that can trigger a number of the body’s functions to boost. An absence of thyroid hormone is known as hypothyroidism that can cause a number of the body’s functions to decrease. During pregnancy period, Thyroid hormone plays a crucial role both in the growth of a healthy baby and in keeping the health of mom.
Many of the women are now suffering from thyroid issue. When a woman goes to test her pregnancy position, she confirms by suffering from thyroid disease. So, be careful with that problem. Before you give birth to your child, check with your family doctor. Thyroid disease raises the threat of pregnancy complications.
Symptoms of Hypothyroidism:
- Low blood pressure
- Stress, fatigue
- Dry, coarse and/or itchy skin
- Feeling cold, especially in the extremities
- Bowel obstructions
- Muscle cramps
- Increased menstrual flow
- More regular periods
- Frequent infections
- Dry, coarse and/or hair loss
- Feeling run down and sluggish
- Anxiety, moodiness
- Difficulty concentrating, brain fog
- Inexplicable or excessive weight gain
Symptoms of Hyperthyroidism:
- Thinning of your skin
- Increased sweat
- Anxiety disorder
- Shaky hands
- Racing heart
- Fine fragile hair
- Weight loss despite good cravings
- More regular bowel movements
- Lighter flow, less frequent menstrual periods
- Muscular weakness especially involving the upper arms and thighs
Things cause hypothyroidism in pregnancy:
- Hypothyroidism in pregnancy is normally caused by Hashimoto’s condition and happens in 3 to 5 out of every one thousand pregnancies. Hashimoto’s disorder is a kind of chronic infection of the thyroid gland.
- Like Graves’ condition, Hashimoto’s condition is an autoimmune condition. In Hashimoto’s condition, the body’s immune system attacks the thyroid, triggering inflammation and disrupting with its ability to make thyroid hormones.
- Hypothyroidism in pregnancy can also derive from current hypothyroidism that is inadequately managed or from earlier destruction or treatment of the thyroid as a cure for hyperthyroidism.
A pregnant woman when she wakes up in the early morning feels any tiredness is morning sickness. Especially thyroid attacked woman feels this condition is very heavily. It will affect the pregnant lady brain. Then result in the birth of child will very weak. She will become very lean. So, plan for treatment for the thyroid problem before the delivery. During the pregnancy period attacked woman, the thyroid gland secretes overload hormones, which causes the mother and child sickness, especially in the morning times that will affect in the after birth of the child.