Facial Fitness: Easy-To-Follow Exercises To Get You Glowing And Flawless Skin
What is Facial Fitness
Most doctors work themselves into a sweat explaining why facial exercises can’t work. But many women swear by the gravity-defying powers of facial aerobics, even using them as an alternative to going under the surgeon’s knife.
What is the purpose of facial exercise
Our face has more than 50 different muscles and these muscles are not used when compared to the rest of the body. By performing the facial exercise you improve blood circulation to different parts of the face imparting a healthy glow to the face. It replenishes the oxygen supply in the muscles and the skin. This improves complexion and reduces the appearance of acne scars and fine lines.
How often facial exercises can be performed?
You can start by doing every other day for the first few weeks. After getting used to facial exercise you can do it every day for 20 minutes. This facial exercises will help you in the long run and imparts a healthy glow to the face.
Benefits of Facial exercise
Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Increases blood flow to the facial muscles
- It helps in increasing oxygen supply to the muscles and face
- Keep you relax and stress-free
- Strengthens and tones the muscles of your face
- It helps to tighten and brighten the facial skin
- Let’s go through some of the easy-to-follow facial exercises to get you glowing and fix specific facial flaws.
Look straight into the mirror throughout this exercise.
1.Curve index (first) fingers under each eyebrow and gently push up -then hold against your brow-bone. Keep your fingers in that position.
2.Now close your eyes in five to ten very small downwards movements. You should feel a gentle stretch in the upper lids.
3. Keep lids stretched downwards for a count of six.
4. Release the stretch slowly for three counts.
5. Open lids. Relax. Breathe deeply. Repeat three times.
To get rid of Lines On The Bridge Of The Nose
1.Place pads of middle fingers firmly on the top of the bridge of your nose, just below any lines or bumps.
2. Place your index fingers each side of the bridge of your nose. Hold firmly.
3. Gradually move the muscles under your finger-hold in the direction of the arrow in five tiny, slow upwards movements.
4. Hold for a count of five, then slowly return in five movements.
5. Do this three times.
6. Stay relaxed, keep breathing and do not scowl!
Note: The finger resistance must be held gently but firmly throughout.
Turkey Neck Eliminator
1. With a straight spine, look straight ahead and tilt head up.
2. Then gently just out your chin. At the same time, draw lower lip over the top lip. Do not smile up with mouth corners.
3. For extra resistance, place first lightly under the chin.
4. Now press tongue firmly against lower teeth in a forward, upward thrust. Feel the movement under the chin.
5. Hold for a count of five.
6. Slowly release the pressure.
7. Stay relaxed and breathe. Repeat three times.
Women who do facial workouts should see great improvements in just six weeks. Here are anti-sag secrets…
Sleep with a single pillow, not two, to avoid a double chin.
If you must read in bed – and I try to advise clients not to – then lie with your head on a single pillow and hold the book above you. If you lie propped up with the book balanced on your tummy, it’s just asking for a double chin.
If you work on a computer, bring it up to eye level, for the same reason.
Improve your posture;
if you stand straight, your face is less likely to sag. Imagine that at all times you are being pulled up by a piece of string from the centre of the top of your head.
I’m a big fan of Frownies –
which have been used by beautiful women for improving the lines on the forehead. They are small, skin-coloured adhesive papers that you stick onto the forehead so that you can’t frown. Used regularly, they really do help frowns to disappear, making the forehead smoother.